Re: APM realy sucks on 2.6.x

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Tue Jun 08 2004 - 12:51:56 EST

Pavel Machek wrote:
Hi!

| PCMCIA... well, that's another obsolete technology. Too bad.

PCMCIA is obsolete? Did I miss something, or was this a joke?

Obsoleted by cardbus, I believe. (cardbus cards look like PCMCIA
cards, but electrical protocol is different) Plus, as someone else
noted, stuff moves into mainboard. USB also replacs part of what
PCMCIA was for.

Cardbus maybe, USB not. USB is very nice, but it's not typically SMALL. A PCMCIA NIC card is a credit card size, a USB NIC is a box plus a cable. Before you tell me I don't need it please name the affordable laptop which has 2 NICs.

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)