Re: Too much error in __const_udelay() ?

From: Dominik Brodowski
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 16:27:50 EST

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 12:12:48PM -0700, john stultz wrote:
> I agree w/ Pavel that rounding up sounds better, but I can't get the
> math to work, so this may be the best solution.

It's some strange sort of rounding, see my patch "3"...

> I'm also spinning up a patch w/ these changes to test, let me know how
> your testing went and I'll do the same.

Testing went fine -- even for the PMTMR-based delay case [*].

Dominik

[*] though I noticed the cpufreq notifier breaks then: it updates
loops_per_jiffy without evaluating if it's indeed TSC- or even
frequency-based. It'll fail on cyclone, too, I think...