Re: 4k stacks in 2.6

From: Timothy Miller
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 13:06:42 EST

Jörn Engel wrote:

But I'll shut up now and see if I can generate better data over the
weekend. -test11 still had fun stuff like 3k stack consumption over
some code paths in a pretty minimal kernel. Wonder what 2.6.6 will do
with allyesconfig. ;)

That gave me an idea. Sometimes in chip design, we 'overconstrain' the logic synthesizer, because static timing analyzers often produce inaccurate results. Anyhow, what if we were to go to 4K stacks but in static code analysis, flag anything which uses more than 2K or even 1K?