Re: APM realy sucks on 2.6.x

From: Sebastian Kloska
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 10:15:35 EST

Pavel Machek wrote:
Hi!

The pure ALSA system with PCI Cirrus Logic CS4281
(my configuration) just dropped of my list of
the 'bad' one ....

Does this bug freeze the machine ? Or just block
the outputting program ?

PCM will be the next to look at...

Drop all non-important hw. That's everything but keyboard, VGA and
harddrive...

Already did that and APM suspends/resumes fine. That gives
me hope to at least pinpoint the bad behaving module/driver....

+-compile->reboot->check->-+
^ |
| |

Kind of feel like in the old days where
a decend 'printf(stderr,....)' was THE
state of the art debugging tool ....

Its *still* state of the art debugging tool for kernel.

Tears of sentimental to reminisce wet my eyes ... :-)

Pavel

--
Dr. Sebastian Kloska