Re: APM realy sucks on 2.6.x

From: Sebastian Kloska
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 09:48:20 EST

Thanks ...

The pure ALSA system with PCI Cirrus Logic CS4281
(my configuration) just dropped of my list of
the 'bad' one ....

Does this bug freeze the machine ? Or just block
the outputting program ?

PCM will be the next to look at...

+-compile->reboot->check->-+
^ |
| |
+---<----------------------+

Kind of feel like in the old days where
a decend 'printf(stderr,....)' was THE
state of the art debugging tool ....

Cheers

S.,

Keith Duthie wrote:
On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Sebastian Kloska wrote:

So if anybody out there could give me guidance on how the apm code
might interact with the ALSA sound system it would be highly
appreciated....

In a word, badly. For at least one chipset, suspending while outputting
to the pcm device causes the program outputting to the pcm device to enter
the uninterruptible sleep state. A reboot is then required for the pcm
device to be usable again...

(I attempted to report this back in February, but my bug report and
workaround patch apparently didn't get through the alsa-devel spam
filters.)

--
Dr. Sebastian Kloska