Re: SPF on kernel.org

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 17:27:02 EST

On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 18:10 -0400, Jeremy D. May wrote:
> has SPF records even been thought of for kernel.org? maybe this is the
> wrong place to ask? if so, can i get the right place to ask about it.

SPF records would need to be on vger.kernel.org not on kernel.org. And
yes, this is the wrong place to ask. The right place would be
postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx But I wouldn't bother -- it's manned by
people who have at least a modicum of clue, so I assume they won't do
anything as stupid as publishing SPF records. SPF is a fundamentally
broken mechanism which breaks valid email. It should not be encouraged
even by publishing no-op records ending in '?all'.

--
dwmw2