Re: keyboard problem with 2.6.6

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 11:43:56 EST

Hi!

> Pavel> And AFAIK you can't add that to "init=" commandline.
>
> That's getting funny. You can't start 6 copies of getty on
> /dev/tty[1-6] on "init=", can you?

No, but you can do init=/bin/bash. [Are you reading my mails at all?!]
And init=/bin/bash is enough to recover broken system.

What you are proposing is incompatible update that would break 99% of
all systems, for gain of 8K of unswappable memory or something like
that. That's no-no in 2.6 series, and probably bad idea for 2.7, too.

Now, can we end the thread here? Userland keyboard driver is not going
to happen in 2.6.X.
Pavel
--
934a471f20d6580d5aad759bf0d97ddc