Re: 2.6.7-rc1 breaks forcedeth

From: Manfred Spraul
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 08:42:15 EST

Vincent van de Camp wrote:

I do not use the forcedeth driver, but I do have IRQ 11 problems with an nforce2 motherboard. I'm not entirely sure if this is the same problem, but loading the ehci module (managed by hotplug) triggers the kernel to disable IRQ 11. Dmesg with some stack traces:

It's the same bug:
something generates irq 11 events. We don't know who or why. This causes an irq storm as soon as the first user registeres a handler for irq 11 and the system must shut off irq 11. Then all devices that are connected to irq 11 fail.

--
Manfred