Re: PROBLEM: network driver causes kernel panic

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 15:50:28 EST

Mikael Pettersson wrote:
This confirms that eth1 is a 21041 driven by the de2104x driver.

I've seen something very similar to Casey's problem, on a PowerMac
with a built-in 21041. Booting it with no network cable connected
causes a timer to hit a BUG() in de2104x about a second after
the device is ifup:d.

The 2.4 kernel's tulip driver works just fine.

I reported this last year, but nothing happened.

Well, I'm very interested in debugging it. There were a flurry of de2104x patches in the past year, I thought that took care of the issues.

Please email details to netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx and jgarzik@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Jeff