Re: 2.6.7-rc2: no more AGP?

From: Michel Dänzer
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 11:28:04 EST

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 17:48 +0200, Colin Leroy wrote:

> just a lousy bugreport... I noticed that agpgart doesn't work anymore on
> 2.6.7-rc2. Xorg reports that AGP isn't supported, and dmesg doesn't show
> the
> agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at 0000:00:0b.0 into 4x mode
> agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at 0000:00:10.0 into 4x mode
>
> It only shows
> Linux agpgart interface v0.100 (c) Dave Jones
> agpgart: Detected Apple UniNorth 2 chipset
> agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 565M
> agpgart: configuring for size idx: 4
> agpgart: AGP aperture is 16M @ 0x0
>
> Using 2.6.6, it works fine.

Paulus brought this up on IRC, it seems to be a bad DRM merge: The code

#ifndef VMAP_4_ARGS
if ( dev->agp->cant_use_aperture )
return -EINVAL;
#endif

in DRM(agp_acquire) should be removed altogether in a 2.6 kernel because
its vmap() takes 4 arguments; however, only the guards seem to have been
removed, which causes this function to erroneously fail if the AGP
aperture can't be directly accessed by the CPU.

--
Earthling Michel DÃnzer | Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer
Libre software enthusiast | http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer