Re: jff2 filesystem in vanilla

From: Daniel Egger
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 04:04:57 EST

On 04.06.2004, at 10:00, Michal Semler wrote:

I use my flash disk only in linux environment. So I would like use jffs2
filesystem on it. Is it possible ? It works like a charm on my linux-enabled
iPAQ.
I have 2.4.26 and 2.6.6 kernel vanillas running on i386 architectures.

Any patch exits ? And is including of this filesystem expected?

JFFS2 is included in the standard kernels IIRC, however I'd recommend
using the CVS version from the official repository as there are huge
improvements in there.

To use it on a non-MTD[1] device you will need an emulation layer,
the pseudo Block-MTD device. And you will need some additional partition
using ext2/ext3/reiserfs/FAT containing the kernel for your Grub/LILO
bootloader.

[1] Memory technology devices, e.g. flash chips soldered on some board
with direct access

Servus,
Daniel