Re: [announce] [patch] NX (No eXecute) support for x86, 2.6.7-rc2-bk2

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Thu Jun 03 2004 - 03:48:46 EST

* Rusty Russell <rusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You want to replace the arch-specific module_alloc() function for
> this. Or even better, reset the NX bit only on executable sections (in
> the arch-specific module_finalize(), using mod->core_text_size and
> mod->init_text_size). No generic changes necessary.

does the .exit.text section have to be taken into account as well? This
is the normal section order of x86 .ko objects:

.text
.init.text
.exit.text
.rodata
.modinfo
.rodata.str1.1
.data
__obsparm
.gnu.linkonce.this_module
.comment
.gnu_debuglink

we load the module up including the .data section? Or do we load the
whole thing?

Ingo