Re: wireless-2.6 queue opened

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 23:20:28 EST

David S. Miller wrote:
On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 23:45:28 -0400
Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Given that there are at least 3 complete wireless stacks (or thereabouts) floating about for Linux, I picked one that I felt had the best chance of being _evolved_ into a nice, clean, generic wireless stack: HostAP.

Even though I authored one of the "other" stacks, I'm totally fine
with this choice. Mainly because I simply lack the time or resources
to continue working on the stack I started.

Actually... I want to use some of your stuff too. :) HostAP is a successful implementation, but your stuff was a good example of the glue needed to tie 802.11 tightly to the net stack.

HostAP still has some "its a separate driver" stuff it needs to get rid of, as it is made more generic.

Jeff