Re: swappiness=0 makes software suspend fail.

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 18:09:24 EST

Hi.

Pavel Machek wrote:
btw, software suspend wrecks your swap partition if you suspend to swap but
do not resume from swap - you need to run mkswap again. Seems odd.

I think it's intentional, so that if you you boot to a different kernel swapon -a won't automount the swap partition and hork your saved image.

Actually, we *want* to hork that saved image, because it is extremely
dangerous to resume from it.

We also want to kill suspend signature ASAP, so that if driver kills
resume and user presses reset, we will not try to resume again and
fail in exactly same way.
Pavel

Suspend2 fixes the header and records when you've attempted to resume from it. If you try a second time it gives you the option of invalidating the image or trying to resume. Pavel, feel free to grab the code out of suspend2 if you want.

Nigel
--
Nigel & Michelle Cunningham
C/- Westminster Presbyterian Church Belconnen

Intolerance (n): Holding a view point with any degree of
conviction.