Re: PATCH: Submission of via "velocity(tm)" series adapter driver

From: Alan Cox
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 16:20:42 EST

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 04:56:32PM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> >+ * rx_copybreak/alignment
> >+ * Scatter gather
> >+ * More testing
>
> I would prefer not to merge to mainline until big endian is working...
> certainly it can still receive wide testing in Andrew's -mm tree.

Most of our drivers don't work bigendian. If you want it bigendian you
can find someone to do it because I don't have the hardware to verify
bigendian and currently there probably isnt a single big endian user of this
chip on the planet.

It may well work big endian, but someone will have to hand glue a sparc to
a via chipset and add on ethernet to find out 8)