Re: GART Error 11

From: Arthur Perry
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 13:36:05 EST

Thanks Andi!
I did not realize there were quirks associated with reading this right from pci config space.

Perhaps someone can tell me this:
Does anybody know if there is any documented information about the differences between agp driver version 0.99 and 0.100?
I know I can just read the source, but there must be list of known bugs and what has been addressed by the newer version, right?

The reason why I ask is that both RedHat and SuSE are using 0.99 agp driver still..
RedHat Enterprise 3.0 's 2.4.21-9.0.1EL kernel and SuSE's 2.4.19 kernel have this in common, and I am seeing such gart errors only with their kernels.
The mainline kernel 2.4.27-pre4 using gart 0.100 does not produce this failure condition.

Please let me know if I am going in the wrong direction, but I am going to patch RedHat's kernel with the agp 0.100 driver and see if the problem does indeed go away.
I'll do the same with SuSE.
If this is the case, then I have found root cause of this particular problem, and I can then address it to the specific distributors.

Thanks!
Best Regards,
Arthur Perry