Re: keyboard problem with 2.6.6

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 16:13:37 EST

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 22:01:10 BST, jsimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

> Why not use UML (user mode linux). Jon Smirl was using it to work on fbdev
> drivers in userland. Interrupts where tricky to handle but it might
> work fine now. I have to give it a try again. Once it is setup you can
> develope kernel driver in userland.

UML helps the "boot/crash/reboot" cycle (and that sort of debugging was in
fact one of the early design goals of IBM's CP/67 and VM/370 systems). but
it doesn't help the fact that the infrastructure provided to kernel functions
is vastly different than the glibc-based infrastructure available in userspace....