Re: compat syscall args

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 08:07:21 EST

On Saturday 29 May 2004 21:31, David S. Miller wrote:
> As it turns out we're taking care of this already via stubs
> in arch/sparc64/kernel/sys32.S, I just need to add them for
> select and futex.

Ah, thanks for solving this mystery.

select and futex may not be the only ones that need to be fixed
for sparc64. I grepped through the list of syscalls that you
call without a sys32.S wrapper and found these that take at least
five arguments:

compat_sys_io_getevents, compat_sys_mount, sys_fsetxattr,
sys_setsockopt, sys_llseek, sys_mremap, sys_remap_file_pages,
sys_setxattr, sys_lsetxattr, sys_fsetxattr, sys32_fadvise64,
sys32_fadvise64_64, sys32_ipc, sys32_mremap, sys32_pciconfig_read,
sys32_pciconfig_write, sys32_prctl, sys32_pread64, sys32_pwrite64,
sys32_rt_sigaction

I did not check which ones are safe anyway, but you probably
want to go through that list.

Arnd <><