Re: [patch] John A. Martin no longer maintains the CREDITS file

From: John A. Martin
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 09:23:12 EST

Adrian> This information seems to be quite outdated.
Adrian> cu
Adrian> Adrian

I cannot remember the last time I've seen a request for CREDITS file
maintenance. The frequency of requests seemed to drop off sharply at
some point several years ago, perhaps when access to CVS was
broadened, IIRC.

I'd be more than happy to continue/resume maintenance of the CREDITS
file if that is wanted.

Adrian> --- linux-2.6.7-rc1-full/MAINTAINERS.old 2004-05-23
Adrian> 23:52:55.000000000 +0200
Adrian> +++ linux-2.6.7-rc1-full/MAINTAINERS 2004-05-24
Adrian> 01:51:17.000000000 +0200
Adrian> @@ -538,11 +538,6 @@
Adrian> W: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cramfs/
Adrian> S: Orphan

Adrian> -CREDITS FILE
Adrian> -P: John A. Martin
Adrian> -M: jam@xxxxxxx
Adrian> -S: Maintained
Adrian> -
Adrian> CRIS PORT
Adrian> P: Bjorn Wesen
Adrian> M: bjornw@xxxxxxxx

Thanks to the attention getting subject (thanks Adrian), I saw the
mail message I'm replying to among those quarantined by the new
filtering by the forwarding system at acm.org. I have from the outset
regarded my acm address as the most stable and reliable of all
possible email addresses. Maybe this is a mistake.

I have not been reading linux-kernel mail regularly for a while but
I'm looking at gmane.linux.kernel now and sending this followup that
way.

Please let me know if my help with the CREDITS file is still wanted.

jam