Re: Random file I/O regressions in 2.6

From: Alexey Kopytov
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 17:07:38 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:
>Alexey Kopytov <alexeyk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> With the patch:
>> ---------------
>> Time spent for test: 86.5459s
>>
>> no of times window reset because of hits: 0
>> no of times window reset because of misses: 0
>> no of times window was shrunk because of hits: 1066
>> no of times the page request was non-contiguous: 5860
>> no of times the page request was contiguous : 18099
>
>The patch brought my test box to the same speed as 2.4. With the deadline
>scheduler it was a bit faster than 2.4. I didn't do a lot of testing
>though. I was using ext2. Please try deadline.

Results with the deadline scheduler on my hardware:

Time spent for test: 92.8340s

no of times window reset because of hits: 0
no of times window reset because of misses: 0
no of times window was shrunk because of hits: 1108
no of times the page request was non-contiguous: 5860
no of times the page request was contiguous : 18091

I have updated the results on the SysBench home page with 2.6.6-rc3 with the
patch applied.

--
Alexey Kopytov, Software Developer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com