Re: workqueue and pending

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 23:01:47 EST

> static inline int cancel_delayed_work(struct work_struct *work)
> {
> - return del_timer_sync(&work->timer);
> + int ret;
> +
> + ret = del_timer_sync(&work->timer);
> + if (ret)
> + clear_bit(0, &work->pending);
> + return ret;
> }

Heh, I was trying to figure out a simple way to do that and just
didn't figure out del_timer_sync() would actually have a useful
return value :)

It's probably still good to precise explicitely in the comments
that upon return of cancel_delayed_work(), the work queue might
still be pending and that a flush and whoever called this may
still need a flush_scheduled_work() or flush_workqueue() (provided
it's running in a context where that can sleep)

Ben.