Re: Possible to delay boot process to boot from USB subsystem?

From: Randy.Dunlap
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 21:35:47 EST

Bill,

(replying to: http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/5/3/124,
I don't have mailbox access to your email ATM)

I wish that I had a way to test this patch.
Apparently Willy does, so I recommend his patch.... :)
with one change:

change
+static int setuptime; /* time(ms) to let devices set up before root mount */

+static int setuptime = 10000; /* time(ms) to let devices set up before root mount */

or 60000 (= 1 minute). Whatever is comfortable for you.

Willy, it seems that some default value would be good there.

Later,
--
~Randy