Re: arch/ia64/ia32/binfmt_elf32.c: elf32_map() broken ia64 build_and_ boot

From: Mike Hearn
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 17:21:46 EST

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 15:10 -0700, Paul Jackson wrote:
> Once you've digested Andrew's query as to whether there is a simpler way
> to do this,

I already digested it, I just don't know the answer. I'm not familiar
with this part of the kernel, nor exactly what the patch is doing - just
the broad strokes.

> and know whether it's this patch or some other that you want
> to push,

The permissions problem is a kernel bug which should be fixed. I have no
thoughts on the other changes in the patch, I didn't ask for them and
don't really know what they do.

> then if you send me a patch, ideally including the printk's in
> fs/binfmt_elf.c that Reiser thought might facilitate debugging, then I'd
> be willing to apply the patch and try booting it on my ia64 SN2 hardware.

Thanks, but I'll leave this in Johns hands. I just wanted to let you
guys know that it's no longer a major problem for us as it was before,
so if you have higher priorities don't worry about Wine.

thanks -mike