Re: Dual Opteron 248s w/ 8GB RAM on Tyan K8W (S2885)

From: Bryan Stillwell
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 13:24:50 EST

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 12:02:26PM -0600, Jason Turner wrote:
>A similar (but different) problem exists with motherboards that use the
>AMD760MPX. Here is the specific problem you are seeing:
>
>>From Tyan's FAQ:(http://www.tyan.com/support/html/f_s2885.html)

I tried the beta bios mentioned in Tyan's FAQ, but it didn't help with
the booting problem I have with 8GB ram. I did however find that I can
boot up the machine if I add "maxcpus=0" to the kernel options in the
bootloader. Of course then only one cpu works, which is just as bad as
the other solution of having only half the memory...

Bryan

--
Aspen Systems, Inc. | http://www.aspsys.com/
Production Engineer | Phone: (303)431-4606