Re: 2.6.6-rc3-mm1

From: Jeff Moyer
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 11:13:20 EST

==> Regarding Re: 2.6.6-rc3-mm1; raven@xxxxxxxxxx adds:

raven> The case where two process similtaneously trigger a mount in autofs4
raven> can cause multiple requests to the daemon for the same mount. The
raven> daemon handles this OK but it's possible an incorrect error to be
raven> returned. For this reason I believe it is better to change the spin
raven> lock to a semaphore in waitq.c. This makes the second and subsequent
raven> request wait on the q as ther supposed to.

This looks good to me. Do you also need to take the semaphore in
autofs4_catatonic_mode(), around the hijacking of the queue?

void autofs4_catatonic_mode(struct autofs_sb_info *sbi)
{
struct autofs_wait_queue *wq, *nwq;

DPRINTK(("autofs: entering catatonic mode\n"));

sbi->catatonic = 1;
wq = sbi->queues;
sbi->queues = NULL; /* Erase all wait queues */

-Jeff