Re: Reading from file in module fails

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 07:45:37 EST

On Mon, 2004-05-03 13:43:16 +0200, Libor Vanek <libor@xxxxxxxx>
wrote in message <20040503114316.GA22732@Loki>:
> It's not bad design - what I'm doing is writing snapshots for VFS as my diploma thesis. And I need to create copy of file before it's changed (copy-on-write). There is no other way how to do it in kernel-space (and user-space solutions like using LUFS are really slow)

That can all be done in userspace.

$ export LD_PRELOAD=libcopyfilesbeforemodify.so

You just need to program a library that provides all functions that
modify files (eg. write, open with O_CREAT, ...) and you're done - 100%
in userspace.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx . +49-172-7608481
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg