Re: strange delays on console logouts (tty != 1)

From: Andries Brouwer
Date: Sun May 02 2004 - 08:55:43 EST

On Sat, May 01, 2004 at 04:44:44PM -0700, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
> On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 01:24:48AM +0200, Petr Vandrovec wrote:
>
> > (1) agetty (at least from util-linux 2.12 from current debian
> > unstable) opens /dev/console and calls VT_OPENQRY to find first
> > unopened VT.
>
> yes, this i discovered too

Thank you for cc-ing me.
However, my agetty source does not contain the string VT_OPENQRY.
I suppose this is a private Debian change. Maybe you should
contact Debian people to find out who did this and why.
(And/or try the vanilla agetty to see whether the problems go away.)

Andries

[Just found the Debian patch. Strange, broken code.]