scheduler latency

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 04:29:27 EST

Hi,
I've done some scheduler latency tests and come up with some
pretty plots, so I thought I'd post them. It is nicksched vs
mainline.

Note: this is not realtime scheduling latency, but latency as
measured by my random program. It also does not indicate
interactivity, because the latencies measured were all under
15ms which is probably below perception. Even if not, it
doesn't measure latency as you might see it.

Finally, some of the tests involved me moving the mouse around,
so factor in by subliminal (or not) bias toward my scheduler.

http://www.kerneltrap.org/~npiggin/schedlat3/index.html