Re: 2.6.6-rc2-bk3 (and earlier?) mount problem (?

From: viro
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 13:37:15 EST

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 06:05:34PM +0400, Paul P Komkoff Jr wrote:
> Replying to Grzegorz Kulewski:
> > But it is strange that I need kernel patch even if I have no evms
> > or dm volumes in my system. Can not it be solved in mainstream kernels?
> > Maybe there should be warning in config help temporaily? Maybe even note
> > after option name?
>
> This defect grew up off a disagreement between bdclaim authors and
> evms authors

Excuse me? The damn thing had found nothing. However, it didn't care
to release the devices it had claimed - hadn't even closed them, as the
matter of fact. That's a clear and obvious bug, regardless of any
disagreements.

Speaking of the proposed "solutions", how about #4: figure out what,
when and for how long do they really want to claim and take care to
release what they don't end up using?

WTF is going on there?