Troubleshooting PS/2 mouse in 2.6.5

From: Derek Chen-Becker
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 12:55:02 EST

Hi,
I'm upgrading my workstation from 2.4.22 to 2.6.5 and everything is working great except for /dev/input/mice: it doesn't appear to be producing anything, even if I cat it. I've checked and both dmesg and /proc/bus/input/devices show the mouse handler loaded and show the mouse as recognized. I've tried disabling ACPI because I saw it mentioned when I googled, but that didn't help. I've also tried loading the event handler module and I get nothing there either. I have another PC with 2.6.5 working fine with the same mouse. Both are hooked up to the same KVM, would that have anything to do with it? Does anyone know where I could look to get more detail on what's happening?

Thanks,

Derek

| Derek Chen-Becker |
| derek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |
| http://chen-becker.org |
| |
| PGP key available on request or from public key servers |
| ID: 21A7FB53 |
| Fngrprnt: 209A 77CA A4F9 E716 E20C 6348 B657 77EC 21A7 FB53 |