Re: Rewrite Kernel

From: billy rose
Date: Sat Apr 24 2004 - 10:12:53 EST

Have you ever written a complete program in assembler? I don't mean a small utility, I mean a full application. If you started today transcribing the kernel sources for 2.6.x, by the time you finished (not including debugging) the standard would no doubt be kernel 4.x or beyond. Your assembler version would be vastly outdated, lack features, and the methodology would be far behind what will be common at that time. - Just my opinion -

Mohamed Aslan wrote:
No I Could Create Assembly Code Faster Than Gcc
Gcc 2.95 was good but 3 isn't as 2,it's not my words linus recommended compiling kernel with 2.95
don't forget something assemblying requires less time than compiling

=====
Billy

"There's some milk in the fridge that's about to go bad...
And there it goes..." --Bobby