persistence of kernel object attribute ??

From: Smart, James
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 12:47:28 EST

I've been looking at everything I can find, asked a few questions, and don't
have an answer to the following issue.

I have a driver that wants to export attributes per instance. I'd like the
ability for the user to modify an attribute dynamically (sysfs works well) -
but I'd like the new value to be persistent the next time the driver
unloads/loads or the system reboots. I don't want to have to update
constants in source and recompile the driver. I'm looking for something
similar (cringe!) to the MS registry. Is there a facility available to
kernel objects to allow for persistent attributes to be set/retrieved? If
not, any recommendations on how to implement this ?

-- james