Make modules and make modules_install :copy all files to /lib/modules/ - newbie

From: sting sting
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 08:07:35 EST

Hello,
I am working with 2.4.20 kernel.
I had changed one driver only . (one source file).
It is the network driver I use. (under /drivers/net)
I type make modules. Evrything is OK: It creates one new .o file.
It was (and still is) a loadable module. (when I type
make menuconfig I see it with <M>).

I perform make_install:
I see that all the modules (*.o files ) are copied to /lib/modules/version....

Is there a way that only the relevant file (or files) that were changed will
be copied to /lib/modules/version.... (Except of course copying one by one the *.o file/files
that their sources were changed).

regards,
sting