Re: 2.6.5-rc3-mm4 x86_64 sched domains patch

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 00:53:03 EST

Andi Kleen wrote:
On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 00:14:19 +1000
Nick Piggin <nickpiggin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Where is STREAM versus other kernels? You said you got
best performance on a custom 2.4 kernel. Do we match
that?

Differences were below the measurement error, so I consider it fixed.

great.

How is your performance for other things? I recall you
may have told me about some other (smaller) issues you
were seeing?

I haven't tested much yet. I can compare kernel compilations later.

That would be good. I don't expect you to do all the work,
but Opteron being a non traditional NUMA, and me doing most
of my testing on an old NUMAQ makes them quite important.

Even if you just got some results for a couple of random
benchmarks would be great.

Also I'm still somewhat hoping that the IBM benchmark team will take a stab at it - they are much better than me at running many tests.

Well we've survived OSDL's STP tests as far as I know. A
couple of regressions were found and fixed there, so that
was good.