Re: Benchmarking objrmap under memory pressure

From: Martin J. Bligh
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 11:44:22 EST

> As expected the 6 second difference was nothing compared the the noise,
> though I'd be curious to see an average number.

Yeah, I don't think either is worse or better - I really want a more stable
test though, if I can find one.

> the degradation of runtimes is interesting, runtimes should go downs not
> up after more unused stuff is pushed into swap and so more ram is free
> at every new start of the workload.

Yeah, that's odd.

> BTW, I've no idea idea why you used an UP machine for this, (plus if you

Because it's frigging hard to make a 16GB machine swap ;-) 'twas just my
desktop.

> critical app is using mremap on anonymous COW memory to save ram). You
> definitely should use your 32-way booted with mem=512m to run this test
> or there's no way you'll ever botice the additional boost in scalability
> that anon-vma provides compared to anonmm, and that anonmm will never be
> able to reach.

Yeah, it's hard to do mem= on NUMA, but I have a patch from someone
somehwere. Those machines don't tend to swap heavily anyway, but I suppose
page reclaim in general will happen.

M.