Re: NFS umount

From: Trond Myklebust
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 10:27:18 EST

På m , 12/04/2004 klokka 07:49, skreiv Fabian Frederick:
> Hi,
>
> I was looking at NFS source code and I can't find where the umount
> takes place in server side.... It seems nfsd/export.c has some functions
> for that, but I added debugging there and nothing happens when umounting
> from client/side.Someone could help me ? I read about some rpc.umountd
> but was unable to find it on my system ...

There is no such thing as rpc.umountd.

There is a "umount" RPC call that is used to notify rpc.mountd that
we're unmounting the filesystem (see RFC1094 and RFC1813), but that is
only used in order to manage an internal cache of clients. It doesn't do
anything beyond that.

Cheers,
Trond