Re: Who maintains the atp870u driver? (ACARD PCI SCSI)

From: Stuart Longland
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 05:50:56 EST

Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

No one really maintains it officially.

James Bottomley and Doug Ledford have done some fixes for it on v2.6, you might want trying to ask them directly.

Sorry.

Ahh okay. I might try Linux 2.6 on this box, however after testing this card in an x86 machine I had, and watching it fail to complete POST, I'm guessing my problem is that the card is in fact, dead.

I merely pulled it out of the Microserver, and plonked in my dedicated games server (P4 1.4GHz, 256MB RDRAM, MSI Motherboard -- Gentoo Linux 1.4) and watched it boot. I heard no beeps, saw nothing on screen, and the whole system just sat there.

Near the sound card sockets, there's a set of 4 two-colour LEDs arranged vertically, which indicate system status -- I don't know what the meaning is. (It'll probably be in the handbook I don't have -- the board is second hand off Ebay). Normally these are all glowing green when the system is fully up. Looking at it now, it halts with them (going towards board), green, red, red, red. On removing the card, the machine comes up just fine. I take it this means the card is dead.

Out of interest, the card itself is an "ACARD AEC-6710S" with an ATP870IU-C chipset.

Odd that the Microserver should work with it though -- even if it gets SCSI parity errors -- but I spose this explains the odd error messages. Hrmm, looks like I'm back on the search for another SCSI card that fits... :-/ (Anyone managed to get a SCSI card working in a Cobalt Qube or Gateway Microserver?)