printk redirection to a different file

From: John Que
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 05:42:57 EST

Hello,

I had added printk calls in a linux kernel module
for debug purposes.
Now , I want that this calls will be loggoed not to
/var/log/messages (this is where
the printk messages are on RH9) but to a different file.

I am thinking of one main alternative:

create a debug_printk() method (by copying the printk.c to debug_printk.c
, doing needed changes , and call debug_printk() method instead of
printk() methods where I want messages to a different log file).

Problem is that I do not see where in printk.c it
says that the messages will go to /var/log/messages.

(I assume that this is done with a logging system daemon).

any idea what to do ?
regards,
John