Re: Any plan for inclusion of linux-wlan-ng ?

From: Jon Oberheide
Date: Sun Apr 11 2004 - 12:44:16 EST

On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 06:37, GaÃl Le Mignot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was just wondering is there is any plan of including linux-wlan-ng
> into the 2.6 kernel. Does someone know about that ? If not, does
> someone know why ?

After a quick googling:

http://www.advogato.org/person/scandal/

According to this link, the wlan-ng drivers suffer a similar fate as
several other wireless drivers (e.g. HostAP) as they allow for
driver-based (as opposed to firmware-based) WEP encryption and
decryption.

Fortunately, the recent inclusion of the ARC4 module (by yours truly) in
the crypto API will allow these wireless drivers to use this
driver-based WEP and still be included in the kernel. The Michael MIC
cipher was also recently included by HostAP to be used with TKIP.

I have CC'ed this to the linux-wlan guys in case they're not aware of
this development.

Regards,
Jon Oberheide
jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx