Re: scheduler problems on shutdown

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Sun Apr 11 2004 - 10:28:11 EST

Martin J. Bligh wrote:
I think the WARN_ON can go. You have to make sure the for_each_cpu
loop doesn't get to run it though. It shouldn't be in the latest -mm
kernels, is it?

OK, I'll figure it out. I don't like the latest code, so don't really want
to "upgrade" though.

Oh? Anything specific?

It is normal to have an entire group offline with CPU hotplug.

Only if we can't figure out how to hotplug groups as well, which would
be a much cleaner way of doing it.

I think we'll soon want to add a sched domain setup callback
for hotplug that can take care of these things as required.
But for now, the current situation should be OK.