Re: amd64 questions

From: Hugo Mills
Date: Sat Apr 10 2004 - 14:06:47 EST

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 08:49:04PM +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
> > So let me get this straight, we can't use LVM with AMD64 under the 2.6
>
> No, you completely misunderstood.
>
> > line either? Or we can if we use AMD64 [DM] libraries with a AMD64
> > kernel? DM = Device Mapper right?
>
> You can't use Device Mapper with 32bit user tools on a 64bit kernel
> right now.

Well, you can, because that's what I'm doing on this machine. Joe
Thornber posted a patch[1] here a few weeks ago which fixes the
problem in a "sealing-wax-and-string" kind of way. It Works For
Me(tm), which is about all you can say about it -- it's not the
prettiest piece of code, even to my non-kernel eyes. :)

Hugo.

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=107908531723751&w=2

PGP key: 1C335860 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
--- Ceci est un travail pour l'Australien. ---