Fwd: Linux version 2.4.24 poll

From: N26825
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 14:55:01 EST

Subject: Linux version 2.4.24 poll

Gentlemen:

In a character device, if I open one with a MINOR number of
1, variable "minor" in the following driver snippet remains
0.

static size_t poll(struct file *fp, struct poll_table_struct
*wait)
{
int minor = MINOR(fp->f_dentry->d_inode->i_rdev);

If this is a feature, and not a bug, how am I supposed to
obtain
the minor number or do I have to use a block device?

Thanks,

Gloria