[2.4.25] PCMCIA PCI: No IRQ for interrupt pin A and failed to allocate shared interrupt

From: Jin Suh
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 12:21:15 EST

Hello,

I am using a Gateway 600YG2 laptop (Intel P4-M, PCMCIA TI PCI1520 controller)
on 2.4.25. I have 3 different pcmcia firewire cards. When I insert module
yenta_socket with any of those cards, I get "PCI: No IRQ for interrupt pin A of
device 03:00.0 please try using pci=biosirq". After this error, when I run the
modprobe ieee1394 and ohci1394, I get "ohci1394: failed to allocate shared
interrupt 10". The same pcmcia firewire cards work on old Gateway 9300, 9500
laptop and IBM T22 laptop.
BTW, my Netgear pcmcia 10/100mb ethernet card works on the Gateway 600YG2
laptop. Also my USB pen drives are not working too. The bootparameter
pci=biosirq doesn't seem to work.
It worked fine with 2.4.20 without any problems. Could someone help me to fix
this problem on 2.4.25?

Thanks,
Jin