Re: Promise PDC 20375

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 21:55:28 EST

martin f krafft wrote:
I was sold a Promise PDC 20375 IDE Controller for use with
a parallel ATA drive today. The guy said that Linux just started to
support it. However, I can only find 202xx related drivers in the
kernel, and they do not detect the 20375 controller.

Can I use this controller with Linux, or should I return it?

Use kernel 2.6.x or download the patch for 2.4.x at the URL below or buy a recent Linux distribution from a vendor.

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jgarzik/libata/

Jeff