Re: drivers/char/dz.[ch]: reason for keeping?

From: Kenn Humborg
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 16:24:56 EST

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 01:16:48PM +0200, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Apr 2004, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > Old ./drivers/char/dz.c + VAX changes + SERIO changes, that is :) I
> > guess best practice is that VAX people first merge up with MIPS folks,
> > then we snatch the old driver together and have a beer...
>
> It sounds like a plan. :-)

Sorry for coming in late on this.

There is no problem with dropping drivers/char/dz.[ch] from the official
tree. Us Linux/VAX guys work off our own CVS tree on SourceForge, so we
can continue to carry the drivers/char/dz.[ch] until we've got the
new driver working.

So, Jan-Benedict, there is no major panic to get the new driver working
for us before Rusty/Linus remove the old one.

Later,
Kenn (another Linux/VAX guy)