Re: 2.6.5: keyboard lockup on a Toshiba laptop

From: Meelis Roos
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 10:33:56 EST

RJW> FYI, I've just had a keyboard lockup on a Toshiba laptop (Satellite 1400-103)
RJW> with the 2.6.5 kernel.

I haven't tried 2.6.5 on my Toshiba yet but I had a similar problem on
my PC (Duron 600 with VIA KT-133 chipset). I was running X and the
keyboard forze, even Numlock didn't work. First time I solved it by
ending the session by mouse, this got me back to another session on VT7.
Later I had the problem on VT7 and solved it by logging in remotely and
doing "chvt 1" and "chvt 7" as root. Third time chvt didn't help either
but removing and replugging the keyboard (PS/2) worked. Mouse was USB.

--
Meelis Roos (mroos@xxxxxxxx)