Re: [NFS] Linux 2.4.25, nfs client hangs when talking to a MacOS nfs server.

From: Charles-Edouard Ruault
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 02:12:41 EST

On Apr 7, 2004, at 10:37 PM, Chris Worley wrote:

I have a similar problem when there's an MTU mismatch between client and
server (i.e. the server is 9K and the client is 1400 bytes)... although
other TCP and UDP connections don't have a problem, NFS does.

The solutions are, on the client side: 1) use TCP instead of UDP for
NFS, or 2) set the rsize/wsize below 1400 bytes.

Hi Chris,
thanks for the reply.
My problem does not seem related to MTU mismatch since both sides have an MTU of 1500.
I've been able to solve the problem by using TCP has some other people have suggested.