Re: Problems module autoload in 2.6.x

From: Rusty Russell
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 18:50:49 EST

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 05:39, Thomas Steudten wrote:
> In kernel 2.6.x, I use 2.6.4, the option -k to
> modprobe is gone. Also the request_module() call
> in the kernel source, don´t set this option.
> The lsmod or cat /proc/modules don't gives
> the string "(autoclean)" any more. But that's
> another point, don't know why this is gone..

Because there's no autocleaning of modules any more. You'd
wipe out your network modules every time, for a start.

> If I call mdir a:, the floppy module
> isn´t requested in request_module().

To debug this, please create a dummy modprobe like I suggested before.
That will tell you (1) whether modprobe is being called when you do
an mdir, and (2) what module it's asking for.

Cheers,
Rusty.
--
Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an idiot -- Rusty Russell