Re: 2.6.5-rc1-mm2

From: Jesse Barnes
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 14:28:24 EST

On Wednesday 17 March 2004 8:14 pm, Andrew Morton wrote:
> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.5-rc1/2.6
>.5-rc1-mm2/
>
> - Dropped the early-x86-cpu-detection patches, as these appear to be the
> source of recent early-crash problems.
>
> - Several fixes against the new writeback code.
>
> - Several fixes against the new block unplugging code.

I just tracked down a hang I've been seeing in the 2.6.5-rcX-mm trees to this
release. The symptom is that the machine hangs sometime during init script
startup, usually at around the time swap space is enabled (using pretty stock
Red Hat scripts). Before I look into it any further, are there any patches
that I should look at dropping to see if the hang goes away?

The hang occurs all the way through 2.6.5-rc3-mm1, but Linus' 2.6.5-rc3
release works fine.

Thanks,
Jesse