Re: nfsd oops with 2.6.5-rc2-mm4

From: Frank Denis
Date: Sat Mar 27 2004 - 15:04:01 EST

Dieter Stueken wrote:
was some exported directory quite big?

Yes, some exported directories contains a lot of small files.

> What nfs version
are you using? You may try "mount -o nfsvers=2 ..." or 3.

Version 3. I can give version 2 a try but there will probably a significant loss of performance :(

My own Oops seems to be reproducible when using a Sun (2.8) as
client, only.

There actually 10 clients, 9 are Linux 2.6.2-rc2-mm2, 1 is indeed a Solaris 2.8 box.

It did not occur when using nfsV2. I also failed
to reproduce the bug when mounting by an other Linux client.

Unfortunately this is a production environment and I can hardly switch the Solaris box off in order to make it sure that it is triggering the bug.

So may be we observe two different bugs here.

Your situation looks similar.

I reverted to 2.6.2-rc2-mm3, the server didn't crash after 6 hours. Crossing fingers...